Peace Lutheran Church Seeks Director of Music/Accompanist
Director of Music/Accompanist
Peace Lutheran Church
903 Robert Drive SW, Eyota, Minnesota 55934
Our Mission: To call people to Christ, to nurture them into faith, and to send them out in witness and service.
The Director of Music/Accompanist will grow and enhance the music ministry of Peace Lutheran in a way that is consistent with our mission, values and theology, leading people of all ages in music so that they may strengthen their relationship with, and glorify, God. The Director of Music, in conjunction with the Pastor, will coordinate the musical aspects of worship and provide leadership and direction for the Music Team. This team is made up of musicians (youth and adults) who sing and play guitar, bass and cajon; they lead the congregational in singing contemporary worship songs and hymns.
The Director of Music/Accompanist will promote the spiritual life of the congregation and its members through music ministry including the following specific job duties:
- With the Pastor, plan and execute music for Sunday worship and other special worship services and events.
- Recruit, equip and shepherd music team members and musicians.
- Accompany congregational singing on keyboard.
- Attend to the spiritual and musical growth of singers and instrumentalists with differing abilities.
- Foster opportunities to enhance the music ministries at Peace, including but not limited to: bringing in outside performers and incorporating different musical styles into worship.
- Oversee the maintenance and care of the church’s music library.
- Provide technical leadership for musical instruments and other equipment related to music ministry.
- Ensure that song usage is tracked through CCLI and OneLicense, per copyright regulations.
- Skilled keyboard player with the ability to lead worship music.
- Knowledge of contemporary church music.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Motivated and self-directed team player who enjoys working with people of all ages.
- Supportive of the theology of Peace Lutheran Church as well as the larger Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA).
This position reports to the Pastor and collaborates closely with the Music Ministry Team and Church Council. The congregation of Peace currently worships on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. Must be available occasionally during evening hours for music practice and special events; practice times are flexible and may be coordinated with the Music Team to occur before or after worship times.
The Director of Music is a part-time position (averaging 4-5 hours per week) twelve months of the year. Salary: $400 per month.
For application, please click here.