Start children off on the way they should go, and when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6
As much as we sometimes don't want to talk about it the simple truth is that parenting is hard. We all feel the cultural pressure to be perfect parents with perfect children. We often forget that imperfect families can actually be healthy families when grace is freely given and received. We're here to help you through the messiness of parenting, here are some of our favorite Christian parenting resources:
Local Christian Camps: Southeastern MN is fortunate to be home to some awesome Christian retreat centers.
- Focus on the Family offers guides on child development, health and safety, discipline and parenting stages. Their daily radio program is a virtual seminar on Christian parenting.
- Family Life offers resources on parenting as well as valuable information for couples on marriage, blending families and faith.
- Living Lutheran offers tools to help families build faith, confront racism and answer questions like 'can dogs go to heaven?'.
If you're really looking for a great way to bring faith into your everyday life, consider a quarterly subscription for: Spark Family (From the company that provides our Sunday School curriculum.)
- Dr. James Dobson: Bring Up Boys, Bringing Up Girls, Strong-Willed Child and others.
- Parenting With Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay
- Jenna Lucado Bishop offers great books for young girls
- Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World: How One Family Learned That Saying No Can Lead to Life's Biggest Yes by Kristen Welch