At Peace we believe Jesus calls us to get our hands dirty and to get busy serving and loving others. That's why we believe we can make a difference and want to help you discover who God created you to be and guide you along in your spiritual journey of growth and service.
As you scroll down the page you will find two separate categories for serving: Peace Community and the Broader Community.
Serving in the Peace Community
Roll up your sleeves, Peace needs your help in the following areas:
Serving in the Broader Community
Here are just some of the causes close to our hearts:
- Eyota Food Shelf
- Eyota Sharing Tree
- Arbor Gardens
- Family Promise (IHN) of Rochester
- Channel One
- Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child
If you have an idea or know of a need that we can help meet please contact our office and don't forget to watch our front page for upcoming opportunities and ways that you can get involved.
Ongoing Service Opportunities
Looking for ways to serve outside of our scheduled events? Check out these great opportunities that are all kid friendly:
- Eyota Food Shelf - Peace joins together with other organizations and individuals in Eyota to help provide food and funding to families in the Eyota community. We accept donations anytime during the month, here are some suggested items: frozen or canned meat, vegetables and fruit or cereal, rice, pasta, peanut butter or you may make a financial donation.
- Open Table - A mobile food ministry in Rochester, MN providing an evening meal every Thursday. This ministry is provided in partnership between Zumbro Lutheran Church, People of Hope Church, and Channel One. Volunteers are needed to prep, serve and clean-up, sign up here.
- Saturday Noon Meals - Every Saturday Christ United Methodist Church in Rochester, MN serves a meal to approximately 80 people in need. If you would like to help prepare and serve the meal please send an email to email@example.com.
- Operation Christmas Child - Every November the Peace congregation gathers together to pack boxes for Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child. Throughout the year we accept donations for these boxes, here are some suggested items: crafts, small stuffed animals, hygiene items (combs, bar of soap, washcloths, toothbrush and paste but no liquids), toys, balls, and school supplies (crayons, pencils, notebooks, calculators and rulers).